Top 5 Platforms to Sell Digital Products
As the world moves online, the world of eCommerce expands. Any intangible goods that exist in digital form can be called Digital products. The scope of digital products is increasing with the advancing technology. The buy and sell of digital products currently have hundreds of platforms to do its business.
Digital products could be anything from an online calendar system to listening to music and watching movies on a platform. They are as spread out as using various fonts that artistic audiences require to create electronic payment systems. Among those hundreds, the top 5 platforms to sell digital products are listed below:
Gumroad is an online platform that facilitates the sale of products by creators directly to consumers. It is built as a plug-and-play product that offers payment processing, file hosting and delivery, marketing and communications tools, and consumption experiences for various verticals. Creators such as authors, comedians, designers, filmmakers, musicians, and software developers use Gumroad to sell products directly to consumers, mostly digital content like albums, comics, ebooks, films, games, music, or tutorials.
- Easy, simple checkout
- Sell multiple versions of a product
- Subscription — monthly, quarterly, biannually, or yearly
- Free to get started
- $10/month for Pro version
- Usage is simplistic even for a non-developer audience.
- The pricing is very fair. For just $10/mo, you get a complete e-commerce solution for an unlimited number of products.
- Customer support is very active, especially their social media such as Twitter.
- Limited customization options for animations/pop-ups for, e.g., the “buy” button.
- Lack of search bar when you want to search your products.
Podia is an all-in-one platform that enables you to sell online courses, memberships, and digital products. It has also got excellent email marketing features. The platform is easy to use. The UI/UX is user-friendly. It is decently priced for the features it offers. It offers excellent support for all its customers with ticket and email support.
- Easier Integrations
- Pre-sell courses
- Sell as bundles
- Sell as bundle
- Two weeks free trial available
- Base plan — ‘Mover’, costs $39 per month
- Podia’s drag and drop feature is very loved by its consumers.
- Excellent and active customer support on Twitter.
- No custom embed codes to be embedded into your site.
- Checkout with cryptocurrency is yet to arrive.
Lemon Squeezy is an all-in-one platform for selling digital products, subscriptions, software licenses, and courses. It has an excellent user interface by which the website operations are very much user friendly. An important note is that Lemon Squeezy acts as the Merchant of Record, meaning the store owner does not have the burden and legal responsibility of collecting and reporting Tax and EU VAT.
- Sales Tracking
- Tax Management
- Two months free on paying any plan annually
- $29 per month for Sweet plan
- $79 per month for Juicy plan
- Easy and quick sign up process.
- Has built-in marketing tools.
- Design options are limited; making your store stand out is pretty challenging.
- As of 2022, the most expensive plan is still in development and not accessible to users.
Flurly is an online marketing and business software for organizations selling products online. The software can be used to create memberships, manage content, and split income with product partners after a secured transaction. Its intuitive collabs feature enables accurate revenue split between the designer(30%) and the author(70%). Organizations can leverage the Zapier integration facility offered by the software and start with the zaps building process to export the entire customer list over MailChimp or update a Google Sheet sales-related information.
- Sell as bundles
- Collaboration Tools
- Workflow Management
- Mobile Friendly
- 1% of each sale goes to Flurly
- Stripe payment processing fees
- Completely free.
- Excellent analytics system for mobile usage.
- Flurry integrates personally identifiable data such as location, demographic data, etc.
- Compared to other counterparts, Flurly gives out shallow analytics only up to three layers deep.
Buy Me A Coffee is an online digital product selling platform where the users can easily sign-up and build a lucrative side hustle by creating monthly and annual memberships. It’s for video creators, writers, musicians, podcasters, artists, developers, and nonprofits. In India, users get paid with credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and local payment methods such as UPI. It is free of cost and, Buy Me A Coffee only takes 5% of your earnings when you’re paid.
- Various Payment Options
- Easy to use
- Complete analytics, even in the free version
- Free version available
- 5% of total earnings
- Very customizable.
- Quick setup and easy installation.
- Cryptocurrency checkout is available.
- It takes 5% of revenue on all transactions, making it a deal-breaker for some people compared to its counterparts.
These are some of the most used platforms for selling digital products, but you are not just restricted to just these. Many deserve a notable mention, such as Ko-fi, Patreon, Ethnamed, and Donorbox.
If you are building a business and are wondering what kind of assistance we can provide you in the world of digital marketing, you can read Digital Commerce at RaftLabs and get an elaborative idea about it.